380.65 Beta 1 (xx-xxx-2017)
- NEW: Merged with Asus GPL 380_4180 (broken Net Tools/WOL
pages from 4180 were fixed)
- NEW: Upgraded to OpenVPN 2.4.0, and implemented support
for many of its new features:
* GCM ciphers
* LZ4 compression
* tls-crypt (uses the Static Key field)
* Cipher negotiation (NCP), with (optional)
fallback to legacy "cipher" parameter when
an OpenVPN 2.3 client connects to the
router's 2.4 server.
Please refer to the OpenVPN 2.4 documentation for
more info on these new features.
You will be warned if any server setting would
generate an exportable ovpn file that would be
incompatible with older clients.
Existing client config shouldn't need to be changed,
unless you modify the router's server configuration.
- NEW: Added the following Busybox applets: ntpd, time, uniq,
xargs and getopt, for feature parity with John's fork.
- NEW: Option on Media Server page to enable minidlna's
built-in status web page. Default URL is
- NEW: Support for Vodafone R226 USB LTE (patch by
- NEW: New "update-notification" user script, that gets run
when a scheduled firmware check detects a new version
- CHANGED: Removed support for all RC ciphers on OpenVPN.
DES is staying for now, but should still be avoided
- CHANGED: Updated Tor to 0.2.9.8 (patch by blackfuel)
- CHANGED: Updated nano to 2.7.4.
- CHANGED: hosts file will now give a higher priority to the
user-configured hostname for the router ahead of
hardcoded ones (like router.asus.com).
- FIXED: Invalid DUID used when requesting an IPv6 prefix
for some of the newer router models (Asus bug)
- FIXED: Network Service Firewall rules not applied
under certain configurations
- FIXED: Port triggering wasn't working if traffic had
been whitelisted by Network Service Firewall
- FIXED: Avahi wasn't rejecting connections from
secondary WAN interface
- FIXED: Sorting clients by connection time would incorrectly
treat 10 hours as longer than 9 hours, as it was
handling it as a string (Asus bug)
- FIXED: Exported ovpn client file wouldn't use the
user-configured hostname when using DDNS custom mode.
- FIXED: Exported OpenVPN client config didn't work when
using static key authentication.
- FIXED: Exported OpenVPN client config wasn't editable with
Notepad, the default editor used by Windows's
- FIXED: OpenVPN was killed too quickly on disconnection,
causing issues when using explicit-exit-notify
(patch by john9527)
- FIXED: OpenVPN client/server instances weren't properly
restarted on a WAN restart (patch by john9527)